Authority and Responsibilities of Aeromedical Department (AMD)
1) To study, analyze and develop standards, legislation, rules and regulations. Deliver useful recommendation for the designation of standards, rules and also perform the establishment of criterion, manual and operating procedure in aviation medicine.
2) Propose opinion regarding ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices in the area of aeromedical operation.
3) Propose for designation of policies, plan, rules and regulations, steps and operating procedures in medical standards regarding medical examination, education and training. Provide counseling in subject matters related to aviation medicine, sanitation and environment of the airports.
4) Regulate, supervise and inspect issues in the area of civil aviation medicine of the state.
5) Manage the procedures of designation and termination of Aeromedical Examiner (AME) and Aeromedical Center (AMC).
6) Coordinate or support operation of involving task force unit or any mission as assigned.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.