These requirements apply if you are a foreign air operator planning a scheduled commercial air transport service into or out of Thailand.
To conduct a scheduled service, you must:
- be designated according to a bilateral air agreement, or any other arrangement, that was settled between Thailand and your state (country) of certification. To be designated according to a bilateral agreement, you should consult your regulatory authority. The designation shall be effected by virtue of a written notification between the aeronautical authorities of both parties through the diplomatic channel.
- be granted operating authorization from the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT).
To be granted operating authorization, you must submit the following documents and provide information according to "Formal Requirements".
- an official airline designation letter issued by the state of registry addressed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand and CAAT
- an appointment letter for a local representative
- a copy of business registration certificate
- certified documents showing equity structure
- copies of passports/ ID cards of shareholders and board of directors
- the latest financial report or annual report
- a copy of air transport license (if applicable)
- a copy of Air Operator Certificate (AOC) issued by the state of registry
- a copy of Operations Specifications (OpSpecs)
- airline fleet information
- aircraft certification
- a copy of certificate of insurance coverage
- a copy of Air Operator Security Programme (AOSP) along with an approval letter issued by the state of registry
- tariffs (passengers and freights)
- routes and schedules
- a copy of ground handling agreement
- a copy of operations manual
- a copy of flight crew training manual or information regarding crew members
- other documentary evidence as deemed necessary by the Director General
A. Application for operating authorization with any attachments shall be forwarded to CAAT.
B. The soft copy is to be submitted to Operation Licensing Division by email at [email protected].
C. CAAT retains the right at any time to seek any additional information to establish the validity of applications and associated documents and will if necessary invoke its powers under the Air Navigation Act against any permission it may have issued if that information is not provided.
D. For more information please contact:
Operation Licensing Division (OL), Economic Regulation Department (ERD)
The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT)
333/15 Lak Si Plaza, Khamphaeng Phet 6 Rd.,
Talat Bang Khen, Laksi, Bangkok 10210,
Tel: (+66) 2 568-8800 ext. 1503, 1504, 1505
Non-scheduled air transport services
To conduct a non-scheduled service, contact Flight Permit Division, Flight Formalities Department at [email protected]
For slot request, please contact Slot Coordinator at [email protected]